Choose a topic for your next Project, Programme, Portfolio Seminar
Project, Programme, Portfolio Management Seminar is aiming to give you the reasons why Projects Succeed; it is a “technical” yet experiential seminar.
The exercises with horses will mimic the project environment and theory and debates will be linked back to the essentials of project framework. Things like project roles, leadership styles related to project roles and situations, contracts, writing relevant requirements, project culture, project framework, etc.
Also we provide a list of around 50 actual and burning topics we will encourage participants to debate and we will provide guidance and clarification on:
1. Capable PMO – What are the PMO capabilities, what is appropriate for your organization, how to develop capabilities.
2. Activist PMO – What opportunities and threats arise from tying project portfolios to the enterprise strategic vision or failing to do so?
3. Agile PMO – Agile explained differently: we do not want rigid control, but we do not want chaos – Minimal Marketable Feature Set — The Smallest Set of Features That Have Collective Business Value.
4. PM in Agile environment – Role of the Project Manager: Agile Facilitation Versus Traditional Managing
5. An Overview of the Resource Management Capability Framework
6. How Does Digital Business Transformation Change the Way We Manage Projects?
7. A minimalist approach to governance: Adopt the least amount of governance required to ensure the best investment decisions are being made and are successfully delivered to the enterprise.
8. From Business Case to benefits review
9. Demand — How to Do It, How Much to Do
10. Project and Portfolio Management Tools – what do I need?
11. Provide governance body support.
12. Management and delivery of projects.
13. Project tracking and reporting.
14. Develop and implement standard methodologies.
15. Process development/implementation and support.
16. Tool selection/implementation/support.
17. Monitor and control of project performance.
18. Develop PMO competency of personnel.
19. Advice senior management.
20. Project coordination.
21. Set-up and manage lessons learned database.
22. Develop and maintain a project dashboard.
23. Promote project management within organization.
24. Project manager mentoring and coaching.
25. Business case development and support.
26. Project/Program health checks.
27. Manage and coordinate portfolios.
28. Identify candidate initiatives.
29. Evaluate and prioritize project proposals.
30. Project documentation management.
31. Management and delivery of programs.
32. Conduct audits of projects/programs.
33. Tracking and monitoring project/program financials.
34. Provide support for project managers.
35. Allocate resources between projects.
36. Conduct post-project reviews.
37. Set-up and manage risk database.
38. Benefits realization and management.
39. Stakeholder identification and management.
40. Project manager recruitment, selection and evaluation.
41. Project manager training and coordination.
42. Monitor and control PMO performance.
43. Participate in strategic planning.
44. KPIs and Metrics to Demonstrate PMO Effectiveness
45. KPIs and Metrics for projects
46. Metrics that matter to CEO, CIO
47. Key barriers that impede user adoption of tools
48. What type of PMO your organization needs? PMO at different maturity levels. Good practices for sizing a PMO .
49. Adaptive versus directive Project and Portfolio Management Tools, PPM Software Selection — Do’s and Don’ts
Contact HorseEye for a memorable experience